ILOs Understand the general nature, purposes, and techniques of literature with a sense of its relationship to life and culture. Recognize a representative selection of literary works by major writers….
Persuasive Speech Communication
· Is the specific purpose clearly defined?
· Does the specific purpose include a reference to the audience?
· Can the specific purpose be accomplished in the allotted time?
· Do I gain attention and interest of this particular audience using one of the strategies referenced in class?
· Do I establish credibility early on in the speech?
· Do I define key terms?
· Do I clearly preview the main points?
· Does the body contain between 2-5 main points?
· Am I following an organizational pattern for speech preparation? (ie: chronological, spatial, causal, topical, etc.)
· Are my main points clearly separate from one another?
· As much as possible, have I used the same pattern of wording for all of my main points?
· Is each main point well supported?
· Do I use transitions well?
· Does my conclusion summarize my main points?
· Is there a sense of closure?
· Do I use examples to make ideas clear? Are they vivid?
· Do I use examples to personalize ideas for the audience?
· Do I reinforce my hypothetical illustrations with statistics or testimony?
· Do I use statistics to quantify my ideas? Are they used in context? Are they from reliable sources? Do I relate them to the audience?
· Do I use testimony to support my ideas? Are they from qualified sources?
· Do I identify sources of my evidence?
· Have I “tested” my evidence?