Compare and contrast the self-cultivation philosophies in Buddhism and Yoga, especially the Buddha’s Eightfold Path and Patañjali’s Eight Limb Program (making clear the similarities and differences). Then explain what contemporary….
Identify the genre and the rules of said genre
For Essay 2, students will be expected to flex their analysis muscles and compose a compare/contrast essay of no less than six full pages (not including the Works Cited page) that focuses on an example of a genre work which subverts or changes the game of said genre. This essay should contain no fewer than six credible outside sources which support the arguments made by the writer.
The audience for this essay is a reader who is familiar with this genre, and may have also enjoyed the example of the genre subversion. Think of them as a “fan”. As such, you should establish ethos by asserting authority in tone and content. DO NOT use 1st or 2nd person pronouns.
The essay should do the follow:
1. Identify the genre and the rules of said genre.
2. Employ a compare/contrast model to examine one example of the genre that follows the rules, and one that subverts the genre, elevating it in some new way.
3. Use credible research to support the arguments of the writer.
4. Make new and analytical points about the example of genre subversion.
5. Utilize writing that acknowledges expertise about this topic, and that the audience is a “rabid fan” of the genre. In essence, the writer will be an expert addressing experts.