Compare and contrast the self-cultivation philosophies in Buddhism and Yoga, especially the Buddha’s Eightfold Path and Patañjali’s Eight Limb Program (making clear the similarities and differences). Then explain what contemporary….
Installing And Managing Linux
This is an individual assignment. You may discuss it with others, but your code and documentation must be written on your own.
Linux technical expertise is essential in today’s computer workplace as more and more companies switch to Linux to meet their computing needs. Thus, it is important to understand how Linux can be used, what benefits Linux offers to a company, and how Linux has developed and continues to develop. As Linux system administrator you should be familiar with Linux operating system flavours and their capabilities. Linux may appear different depending on the distribution, your hardware and personal taste, but the fundamentals on which all graphical and other interfaces are built, remain the same.
In this assignment, you are required to install Fedora Linux Workstation and Server operating system (Latest Version) on a virtual machine (e.g., Microsoft Hyper-V, VMWare Player or Oracle VM VirtualBox) on your operating system as a guest. You should also find the minimum hardware requirements for most operating systems on the vendor’s website. For example, the Fedora Linux operating system minimum hardware requirements are documented at docs.fedoraproject.org. You should document the installation process with screenshots.
#Task 1 to install Fedora workstation, you should do the following steps: (5 Marks)
- Virtual Machine configuration:
- Allocate 24.5 GB to the virtual machine’s hard disk
- Allocate 2.2 GB to the virtual machine’s memory
- Configure NAT for IP Address conservation.
- Allocate 2 processor cores to the virtual machine. (Optional)
- pre-Storage configuration:
- You should manually partition the hard disk with the following specification:
- 2.5 GiB Swap
- 10 GiB root (/)
- 500 MiB (/boot)
- 11.5 GiB (/home/StudentID)
- Check the disk space command to view system disk usage,
- Create a directory on the Desktop called StudentID_ITC333_202130.
- The directory icon should be displayed in the Desktop environment.
- You should use a related command to display the hard disk partitions.
#Task 2 to install Fedora server, you should do the following steps: (5 Marks)
- Virtual Machine configuration:
- Allocate 20 GB to the virtual machine’s hard disk,
- Allocate 2 GB to the virtual machine’s memory,
- Configure NAT for IP Address conservation,
- Allocate 2 processor cores to the virtual machine (optional).
- Pre-Storage configuration:
- Install fedora server without partitioning the disk.
- Post-Storage configuration:
- add a new virtual hard disk (10 GB) to the server, (Note: Shutdown the virtual machine and add new virtual hard disk)
- use fdisk command to display new attached virtual hard disk,
- use fdisk to partition the new virtual hard disk into:
- partition 1: allocate 4.8 GB (extended partition)
- partition 2: allocate 5.2 GB (extended partition)
- formating the partitions :
- format partition 1 as xfs,
- format partition 2 as ext4,
- mount partition 1 at /mnt/StudentID and partition 2 at /mnt/StudentName.
Use the latest version of Fedora OS. Step by step screenshots and explanations are required. (See the presentation section)