Compare and contrast the self-cultivation philosophies in Buddhism and Yoga, especially the Buddha’s Eightfold Path and Patañjali’s Eight Limb Program (making clear the similarities and differences). Then explain what contemporary….
Find a situation (a real-world situation or a fictional situation) with two or more parties of jurisdiction or interest over a specific project or policy (public/private partnership, intergovernmental). At least one of the parties needs to be a governing board or elected officials.
In 750-1,000 words, do the following:
- Explain the participants in the situation. (power involved, interest, requirement)
- Explain the difference between influence and negotiation among the parties.
- Recommend strategies to build the relationship between the parties in preparation for negotiation (at least one of the parties needs to be elected officials or a governing board)
- Recommend different techniques of negotiation the parties can utilize to get their interest or requirements met.
- Discuss how each party determines the value of what they are negotiating for and what they are willing to give up.
- Discuss what would make each party agree to a decision within a negotiation or leave the table (how much leverage does each party have).
Use two to three scholarly resources to support your explanations.