Minimum Submission Requirements
- Proper notification of any resubmission, repurposing, or reworking of prior work per the Purdue Global Student Coursework Resubmission, Repurposing, and Reworking Policy Resource.
- Your informative essay should be written in a clear, detailed manner and observe Standard English conventions (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.).
- Follow APA style for the title and reference page, as well as APA style within the paper itself (Times New Roman 12-point font and properly double spaced).
- Minimum 2-page limit or 600 words.
- Maximum 4-page limit or 1,200 words.
- Information should be summarized in your own words with appropriate APA formatting and citation style of in-text citations in the body of the text to acknowledge the source(s) of information.
- Include at least one reference. The course textbook may count towards the reference requirement for this assignment.
- Your work should display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics.
- For additional writing support, utilize the resources available in Academic Tools.
- If the work submitted for this competency assessment does not meet the minimum submission requirements, it will be returned for revision. If the work submitted does not meet the minimum submission requirements by the end of the term, you will receive a failing score.
If the work submitted for this competency assessment does not meet the minimum submission requirements, it will be returned for revision. If the work submitted does not meet the minimum submission requirements by the end of the term, you will receive a failing score.
Describe the current financial environment in health care and its influence on decision making
Plagiarism is an act of academic dishonesty. It violates the University’s Code of Student Conduct, and the offense is subject to disciplinary action. You are expected to be the sole author of your work. Use of another person’s work or ideas must be accompanied by specific citations and references. Whether the action is intentional or not, it still constitutes plagiarism.
This competency assessment assesses the following Outcome(s):
HS440M1-1: Describe the current financial environment in health care and its influence on decision making.
GEL-1.02: Demonstrate college-level communication through the composition of original materials in Standard English.
In this course, you explored an integrated delivery system and several types of health care organizations, such as hospitals, clinics, and nursing homes, owned and operated as a single entity. Although integrated delivery systems offer the opportunity to coordinate all aspects of patient care under a single umbrella, their complexity makes the overall management process much more complicated than in smaller organizations that focus on one type of service.
Utilizing your assigned reading and the library, write an informative essay that includes:
- Descriptions of the financial challenges in each of the following health care environments:
- Ambulatory care
- Home health care
- Long-term care
- Integrated delivery systems
b. financial challenges or drawbacks associated with implementing integrated delivery systems