· This assignment has THREE questions (scroll down more more questions). Make sure you answer all of the questions.
· Click here to access the Google Doc version of this assignment.
· You may choose to copy the Google Doc (by going to File >> Make a copy) to your own drive and directly type on the document.
· After you have completed the assignment, submit it to Gradescope.
Consider the following words and answer the associated questions.
d. Rona (from coronavirus)
1. For each of the words above, identify all the morphological processes with which it is formed. Hint: Morphological processes include affixation, reduplication, compounding, blending, and truncation. (8 points)
2. Identify all the morphemes involved in (b) and (c). (6 points)
3. Identify the types of the morphemes you provided in (2). (6 points)
-If a morpheme is an affix, state whether it is a prefix, suffix, infix, or circumfix, and whether it is derivational or inflectional.
-If a morpheme is not an affix, state whether it is a content morpheme or a function morpheme, and whether it is a free morpheme or a bound morpheme.
Consider the following examples from Language X:
|[bilep]||“I eat”||[somek]||“I slept”||[karak]||“you drank”|
|[bilap]||“you eat”||[karek]||“I drank”||[somork]||“we slept”|
|[karep]||“I drink”||[karork]||“we drank”||[somorp]||“we sleep”|
|[karap]||“you drink”||[somak]||“you slept”||[bilork]||“we ate”|
1. Identify the morphemes that are present in this data set and the meaning associated with them. (6 points)
2. If the word for ‘you danced’ is [mirak], what is the word for ‘we danced’? (2 points)
We have observed that derived words like unlockable and compound words like American history teacher are ambiguous. In your own words, explain why this observation is important for understanding language. (5 points)