Explain the meaning ofres Pisasequiturand provide an example..
Please remember that you must do your own work. Any plagiarism will result in a grade of zero for all students involved. Please use your own words even if you are using the textbook for answers. Always provide a citation when a reference is used.
- What is the meaning of strict liability? Cite an example.
- Provide an example of the following legal defenses that can be used by defendants who are accused of negligence:
- Contributory negligence:
- Comparative negligence:
- Last clear chance rule:
- Assumption of risk doctrine:
- Explain the meaning of imputed negligence and provide an example.
- Explain the meaning of res Pisa sequitur and provide an example.
- Briefly describe the standard of care to protect others from harm for each of the following liability situations:
- Property owners:
- An attractive nuisance:
- Owners and operators of automobiles:
- Governmental units and charitable institutions:
- Employers and employees:
- Parents and children:
- Owners of animals:
- Tommy asks his girlfriend Megan to go to a supermarket and purchase some steaks for dinner. While driving Tom’s car to the supermarket, Megan failed to stop at a red light and seriously injured a pedestrian. Does Tom have any legal liability for the injury? Explain your answer.