200 WORDS MINIMUM FOR EACH QUESTION NOT 186, 150 BUT 200
- Explain the relationship between the general systems model and quantitative methods in medical facilities. How do these two come together to help us improve our organizations?
- Efficiency and effectiveness are both key objectives of leadership in healthcare organizations. What are the differences between these two concepts? Provide a specific example of each related to medicine.
- Select a real world healthcare organization with which you have some familiarity, such as your employer if you work in healthcare at this time, or your community hospital or local clinic. Explain how quantitative methods are utilized in the management of this facility. Provide at least two specific examples.
- Consider the data and figures depicting data presented on pages 42 and 43 of your textbook. If you were planning new programs for Port City Hospital, what types of programming might you consider adding to your facility based upon this data? Why? And with what level of confidence would you consider the need for your programming to be supported by the data?
- Explain how volume is the most sensitive assumption in any pro-forma. What are the elements it affects directly in an income statement?
- Discuss how the health care industry’s share of GDP affects the overall economy?