By successfully completing this assignment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assignment criteria:
· Competency 1: Explain strategies for effective interprofessional teamwork and collaboration in health care delivery.
Identify challenges of working in interprofessional teams.
Describe strategies to help people work effectively together.
· Competency 2: Analyze the implications of working with interprofessional teams in multifaceted health care settings.
Explain the meaning of the term interprofessional collaboration” from a nursing perspective.
Explain how interprofessional teams define success.
Describe the characteristics and qualities of effective interprofessional teams in terms of patient safety.
Describe the benefits and limitations of interprofessional teams for health care organizations, interprofessional team members, and patients.
The majority of health care leaders today state that interprofessional collaboration is essential for effective and efficient health care delivery. But this type of collaboration rarely occurs (Bankston & Glazer, 2013). What does it take to develop interprofessional collaborative teams?
You will explore this question in this assignment.
For this assignment, complete the following:
· Explain from a nursing perspective what is meant by the term interprofessional collaboration. (Do not simply copy a definition from a dictionary or other resource!)
· Describe the characteristics and qualities of effective interprofessional teams in terms of patient care and safety.
· Describe the benefits and limitations of interprofessional teams for health care organizations, members of a team, and patients.
· Identify the challenges of working in an interprofessional team.
· Describe strategies to help people come together to function effectively as a collaborative team.
· Explain how interprofessional teams define success. Consider how the definition might change based on the types of situations the team was formed to handle.
Your completed assignment should be 3 in length, not including title page and reference page. Support your statements with references to and citations for at least 3 scholarly and professional journals (no older than 5 years).Include a title page and reference page.Use Times New Roman font, 12 point.Double-space your.