Let us start with a few basic videos introducing economics, accounting, and finance. The videos are commercial in nature, but more succinct than academic explanations, so this is an easy introduction to our topic.
Plain Prep. What is Economics? (2013, Feb. 23). [Video] Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWPrMmv1Tis
Rivers, N. (2011, Sept. 23). What is Accounting? [Video]. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VQ8nh60xPA
Menteonlearning. (2012, May 10). What is Finance? Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfQFIAUzI1Q
Financial intelligence has multiple meanings, but the brief videos below relates to topics in this course.
Learnaccountingfast. (2012, Jan. 9). Financial Intelligence is critical “Robert Kiyosaki.” [Video] Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQMToeKIITk
NotePirate. (2013, Dec.8). What is Financial Accounting? (Financial Accounting Tutorial #1). [Video] Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiQDWHpLw0k&list=PL_PmoCeUoNMIX3zP2yYSAq8gi6irBVh-1
Accounting is the language of business and the financial statements categorize financial data for users, so we can learn to read, interpret, and analyze the information. Which are the main financial statements? Look for the section about the four core financial statements and watch the associated video at the link below.
Walther, L. (2015). Principles of Accounting. The Four Core Financial Statements. Retrieved from http://www.principlesofaccounting.com/chapter-1/financial-statements/
Accounting Coach. (n.d.). Dictionary of Accounting Terms. Retrieved from http://www.accountingcoach.com/terms
Walther, L. M. (2015). Principles of accounting: A complete online text. Retrieved from http://www.principlesofaccounting.com/ . Note that there are also many useful videos associated with Dr. Walther’s textbook.
I. GRADING RUBRIC
II. EVALUATION OF HOLISTIC/VARIABLES PAPER
Student Name: ________________________________Course: _____________________ Date: __________________
Faculty Signature: ___________________________________________________ Grade: ______________________
Includes purpose in introduction of patient. Indicates educational level, family dynamics, physical development of patient.
1. Uses relevant references.
2. Uses Erik Erikson’s psychosocial development stage for the patient and discussed the importance to nursing.
3. Discusses the importance of educational level, family and career as it relates to nursing care.
4. Applies theories and concepts.
5. Uses logical reasoning and correct inductive or deductive reasoning.
1. Includes cultural values practiced and the importance to nursing care.
2. Discusses cultural beliefs and traditions passed on through generations and the importance to nursing care.
3. Discusses socialization of the client and its importance to nursing care.
4. Transitions occur between thoughts.
1. Discusses spiritual and religious beliefs and its importance to nursing care.
2. Discusses spiritual and religious practices and its importance to nursing care.
3. Discusses barriers to nursing care related to spiritual and/or religious beliefs.
1. Discusses mental well-being and its importance
to nursing care.
2. Discusses family history of mental illness and its
for the patient and its importance to nursing
3. Discusses patient’s mental ability to participate
and make healthcare decisions regarding
their health and its importance to nursing care.
APA, Grammar, Spelling
1. Title page is correct.
2. Page numbering is accurate.
3. Page header is appropriate.
4. Citation of references in text is correct.
· Direct quotes
5. Reference list follows APA format.
· Citations in text are included on reference list
· Reference list citations are included in text
6. Uses professional vocabulary.
7. Uses correct grammar, spelling, punctuation and capitalization.
8. Maintains economy of expression.