What are the psychological ramifications that must be addressed during a disaster for the victims and the responders?
- Textbook:Public Health Nursing: Population-centered Health Care in the Community
- File: Disaster Preparedness Topic and Instructions
In Workshop Five, 5.4 Discussion: Selection of Disaster Topic, you selected one of the choices for discussion concerning disaster management. During Workshop Six, you will share a brief synopsis of that topic and discuss the impact of nursing and interprofessional collaboration throughout the process.
- Review the appropriate rubric to make sure you understand the criteria for earning your grade.
- Read Chapter 23 and review Chapter 15 in the textbook,Public Health Nursing: Population-centered Health Care in the Community.
- Prepare to discuss the following prompts:
- Share the topic you chose and include a brief (two-paragraph, 200-word) synopsis.
- Describe the roles and responsibilities of nurses involved, and the phase(s) of the disaster management cycle addressed through this offering. If the role of the nurse is not mentioned in your course, describe your thoughts on the nurse\’s roles in this scenario.
- Discuss the impact of collaboration between nursing, interprofessional colleagues, and community stakeholders evident within the course offering.
- Research and select at least two current scholarly sources to support your explanations and insights. OCLS resources are preferred sources and can be accessed through IWU Resources. Wikipedia is not permitted, as it is not a peer-reviewed, scholarly source.
Well-developed post that fully addresses assignment and provides strong evidence of critical thinking.
Post is at least four paragraphs with a minimum of three sentences each.
Cited sources are scholarly, current, and lend support to post.
Required number of sources is used.