Creating organizational mission, vision, and culture statements is a highly collaborative activity. Stakeholders from various teams and departments bring their expertise and perspectives to help create organizational elements that reflect the collective experiences, knowledge, and values across an organization. This results in a final product that reflects diverse experiences and perspectives that are still in alignment with organizational values.
Creating organizational mission, vision, and culture statements is a highly collaborative activity
Use the following culture statement from the SNHU Pet Supply Company to guide your contributions to this discussion. Please note that you are only required to submit one initial post and one response post for this discussion.
The SNHU Pet Supply Company is staffed by a diverse group of more than 500 employees who love pets and appreciate the joy and friendship they bring to our homes and communities. We are a passionate, friendly group of people who strive to provide high-quality products and customer-first services across the nation to our customers and their pets.
For your initial post, contribute to Thread A or Thread B based on the table below.
If Your Last Name Begins With:Submit Your Initial Post in Thread:Submit Your Response Post in Thread:A through LACM through ZBC
Complete the following before Thursday at 11:59 p.m. of your local time zone:
- Review the SNHU Pet Company culture statement.
- Copy and paste the updated mission statement from the post above your own in the thread. Then, add one sentence or make one revision that you feel should be included in the mission statement based on the ongoing conversation among your peers.
- Example: Let’s say we are creating a mission statement for Suzie-Q Cupcakes. Student One may write, “The mission of Suzie-Q Cupcakes is to provide customers with delectable treats.”
- Student Two would then add to or revise this and post: “The mission of Suzie-Q Cupcakes is to provide customers with delectable treats that put a smile on their faces.”
- Student Three would continue by adding or revising; the results would be something similar to “The mission of Suzie-Q Cupcakes is to provide customers with delectable treats that put a smile on their faces. This is accomplished through employee passion and creativity.”
- In one to two sentences, explain why you think your added sentence or revision is valuable based on the company’s culture statement and what you have learned from the module resources.
For your response post, review the final collaborative mission statements in Threads A and B. These should be the posts at the very bottom of each thread. After reviewing each, discuss the following in Thread C with your peers.
- What similarities did you notice between the two mission statements, and why do you think they were similar?
- What differences did you notice between the two mission statements, and why do you think they were different?
- What do the similarities and differences you noticed help you understand about the importance and impact of collaboration?
- Were there certain parts of either mission statement that you really liked? If so, what were they, and why did you like them?