Interview someone from a different culture. You will create a PowerPoint presentation of your findings.
- For this assignment, you will Interview a client whose culture differs from yours. The client can be a patient, neighbor, grandparent, in-law, or friend. Do not use your parent, brother, sister, spouse, or significant other. This interview is the basis of your assignment. Use the Organizing Framework (12 boxes in Chapter 2) to guide your interview.
- Interview your selected person on three or four domains of the model. Complete a literature review of the cultural group from which your interviewee comes. Compare and contrast data obtained from your interview with what you find in the literature. Provide at least two recommendations for clinical practice, two for research, and two for the healthcare organization on this cultural group; be specific in your recommendations. Value of this exercise to your current or future practice.
- The presentation is original work and logically organized in the current APA style. Incorporate a minimum of 4 current (published within the last five years) scholarly journal articles or primary legal sources (statutes, court opinions) within your work.
- Powerpoint presentation with 8 -10 slides, excluding the title and reference slides.
- The presentation is clear and concise; students will lose points for improper grammar, punctuation, and misspelling.
- Speaker notes expanded upon and clarified content on the slides.