Policy Drafting Exercise: Internet of Things (IoT). Policy Drafting Exercise: Internet of Things (IoT)
As you have most likely heard, the Internet of Things (IoT) is the next major thing and is ready to invade the home. Appliances and meters are connected to the internet to facilitate monitoring and improve maintenance. The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) is playing an important role in educating the public on the benefits and security and privacy challenges posed by IoTs and leading the discussion on how to address these challenges. See https://www.ftc.gov/system/files/documents/reports/federal-trade-commission-staff-report-november-2013-workshop-entitled-internet-things-privacy/150127iotrpt.pdf.
Two recent articles on the subject are:
Here is the complete exercise:
- Part 1 of the paper should describe the future home identifying the types of internet connected devices that you anticipate, the benefits that such connections may offer and the issues and challenges that such connections present.
- Part 2 should provide your recommended policy concerning data collection, sharing, data usage, protection of data collected, etc. Part 2 should also have a Conclusion. In your Conclusion, present what you learned from this exercise and identify specific concerns regarding the Internet of Things (IoT) and the future it portends
The paper will be graded as follows:
Content (Understanding of the topic as well as soundness and completeness of the policy and conclusion presented)
- Description of IoT for home: 10%
- Benefits and challenges of IoT at home: 10%
- Policy on data collection, sharing and limitations: 40%
- Conclusion: 10%
- References and citations: 10%
- Clarity/style (how well you communicated your ideas in writing (the use of figures, pictures and tables are all encouraged): 10%
- Writing ( grammar, usage, spelling, and punctuation): 10%
The paper will be 9 – 12 pages in length, double-spaced, 12 font and typewritten. The page limitation does not include the Title Page or the Reference List. No Abstract is needed.
In this paper you must demonstrate graduate level writing and comply with the format requirements of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, 6th Edition. Careful attention should be given to spelling, punctuation, source citations, references, and the presentation of tables and figures.
Please refer to UMUC policies on academic dishonesty and plagiarism. The instructor may opt to use Turnitin on your work.
Be sure to include the following certification statement:
“This paper or presentation is my own work. Any assistance I received in its preparation is acknowledged within the paper or presentation, in accordance with academic practice. If I used data, ideas, words, diagrams, pictures, or other information from any source, I have cited the sources fully and completely in footnotes and bibliography entries. This includes sources which I have quoted or paraphrased. Furthermore, I certify that this paper or presentation was prepared by me specifically for this class and has not been submitted, in whole or in part, to any other class in this University or elsewhere, or used for any purpose other than satisfying the requirements of this class, except that I am allowed to submit the paper or presentation to a professional publication, peer reviewed journal, or professional conference. In adding my name following the word ‘Signature’, I intend that this certification will have the same authority and authenticity as a document executed with my hand-written signature.
For a custom paper on the above questions or related topic. Place an order with us.
What We Offer:
25% Discount on New Clients
• On-time delivery guarantee
• PhD-level professionals
• Automatic plagiarism check
• 100% money-back guarantee
• 100% Privacy and Confidentiality
• High Quality custom-written papers