Referral to the Multidisciplinary Evaluation Team (MET).
noted in your text, “As a result of the IDEA 2004 regulations, schools are moving toward a more global approach for the identification of students with suspected disabilities through the development of a district-based team. This team may be referred to as the multidisciplinary team (MDT or MET) . . . This team usually comes into operation when the local school-based team (child study team) has conducted a screening and suspects a disability. Once that is determined, then the MDT or MET takes over. This team is mandated by IDEA 2004 so that the child and parents are guaranteed that any comprehensive evaluation be conducted by different professionals to decrease the possibility of subjective and discriminatory assessment.”
Review the “Referral to the Multidisciplinary Evaluation Team (MET) Case Study” to inform the assignment that follows.
After reviewing the case study, reflect upon the following in a 500-750 word essay
- Who would be a participant in the MET?
What role does each team player hold?
- What background information does the case
study illustrate that might be significant to the MET?
- What objectives or concerns should the MET
recommend for evaluation?
- What assessment recommendations would you
make? Include names of two specific formal and two specific informal
assessments. Be sure to identify and describe at least one example that uses
- Rationalize your choices citing the case
study provided.For a custom paper on the above topic or related questions. Place an order with us.
What We Offer:
25% Discount for New Clients
• On-time delivery guarantee
• PhD-level professionals
• Automatic plagiarism check
• 100% money-back guarantee
• 100% Privacy and Confidentiality
• High Quality custom-written papers