Jem Finch is one of the main characters in To Kill a Mockingbird, a novel by Harper Lee. He is the older brother of Scout Finch, the narrator of the story, and the son of Atticus Finch, a lawyer who defends a black man accused of rape in a racist town. Jem is ten years old at the start of the book, and he grows from a boy who dares to touch the Radley house, where a mysterious recluse lives, to a young man who protects his sister and his father from a mob of angry men. He learns about courage, justice, and human nature from his experiences and the examples of his father and other people in the town. He also faces challenges and changes, such as losing his innocence, breaking his arm, and witnessing the trial of Tom Robinson, the black man who is wrongly convicted and killed.
Some of the subtitles that you can use for your article are:
- Jem’s Character Development: How Jem changes and matures throughout the novel, and what influences his growth.
- Jem’s Relationship with Scout: How Jem interacts with his sister, and how their bond strengthens or weakens over time.
- Jem’s Relationship with Atticus: How Jem admires and respects his father, and how he follows or questions his father’s advice and actions.
- Jem’s Relationship with Boo Radley: How Jem is fascinated and scared by Boo Radley, and how he eventually understands and appreciates him.
- Jem’s Role in the Trial: How Jem is involved and affected by the trial of Tom Robinson, and how he reacts to the verdict and the aftermath.
If you want to learn more about Jem Finch, you can check out these sources:
- Jem Finch Character Analysis in To Kill a Mockingbird | SparkNotes, a detailed description and in-depth analysis of Jem Finch in To Kill a Mockingbird, with explanations of his traits, actions, and quotes.
- To Kill a Mockingbird: Jem Finch | Character Analysis | Study Guide | CliffsNotes, is a comprehensive study guide that covers Jem Finch’s background, personality, development, and significance in the novel.
- Jem Finch | To Kill A Mockingbird Wiki | Fandom, a wiki page that provides a summary and overview of Jem Finch’s character, appearance, and role in the novel and the movie adaptation.