Psychology Essay Help
At CustomUniversityPapers.com, we firmly believe that psychology is increasingly one of the most interesting and relevant academic disciplines to pursue in present-day society. Psychology involves the study of human behavior and mental processes. The term “psychology” is a byproduct of two Greek words: “psyche” for soul/mind/spirit, and “logos” for “to study” or “discourse.” Alternatively, you can define it as “the science of mental life” because it revolves around studying, understanding, and explaining the mental processes’ phenomena and conditions.
Psychology has become an essential career option because people worldwide are battling wide-ranging psychological problems. Children, adolescents, young adults, and the elderly face different psychiatric conditions because of socioeconomic, political, religious, emotional, environmental, and global crises, such as the COVID-19 and the Russia-Ukraine War. This phenomenon explains why the roles of school counselors, psychiatrists, community nurses, and social workers are more important today than in the past decade. Therefore, if you are a high school student planning to take a psychology course, you have our blessings to proceed. Likewise, psychology students in colleges in the US, the UK, Australia, Canada, China, Africa, and globally are encouraged to put the much-needed effort to excel and apply their critical thinking, problem-solving, and life skills in improving psychological outcomes in our troubled society.
Having reminded you of how psychology courses have become, it is now time to talk about the major challenges students face in completing their psychology assignments. While psychology is a fascinating subject, it is no exception to barriers. As usual, a potentially lucrative course would attract significant competition from seasoned and new practitioners. In other words, we have encountered many students who struggle with their psychology classes from the word go because they cannot grasp the psychological concepts, theories of psychology, and psychology assignment requirements. Are you in any of these three categories of psychology students? Worry no more because our team of psychology expert writers is working around the clock to carry that assignment completion burden on your behalf.
Still, some students have the ability, knowledge, skills, and experience to deliver top-notch psychology papers, but they face time constraints. This group of psychology students includes practicing psychologists, full-time employees, single parents, and persons with several other engagements or issues, such as sports, health complications, physical disabilities, studies, and personal businesses. Our psychology writing services are designed to respond to every need regardless of your psychology tasks’ urgency. We produce excellent psychology essays from scratch and customize them to suit your professor’s instructions and feedback. Our other names include high quality, custom essay writing help, originality, perfection, and uniqueness. So, you can trust CustomUniversityPapers.com psychology professionals with your upcoming psychology research paper, psychology dissertation, or any other psychology task because we deliver properly formatted psychology papers in time.
Our tried, tested psychology essay pros not only beat the stiff competition in the online academic writing industry through timeliness and quality essay services but also invest in in-depth research and incorporate relevant psychological concepts into your psychology paper to earn straight A. We understand that you have great potential to develop perfect psychology essays. Still, strict deadlines and the abovementioned issues might cost you the best grade in your online psychology class. We are here for your sake; you only need to visit our site and type “write my psychology essay.” Our experienced psychology essay writers are well-equipped to assist with a wide range of psychology topics, including personality, case studies, suicide diagnosis and prevention, and biopsychology.
We are also the best essay writing provider to help you select great and researchable psychology research topics. Our team of dedicated psychology writers is ready 24/7 to provide useful tips for developing appropriate psychology topics, brainstorming ideas for your psychology paper outline, and choosing relevant, credible, and up-to-date peer-reviewed psychology articles. It does not matter whether your psychology instructor has asked you to write a persuasive or exploratory psychology essay. CustomUniversityPapers.com is up to the task because our psychology maestros have mastered excellence and perfection in essay writing. We don’t compromise high-quality format, grammar, timely delivery, and originality. Therefore, reach out today, and we will produce that APA psychology essay in no time.
We’ve dedicated the following section to providing a detailed essay writing guide for all psychology students in high schools, colleges, and universities worldwide.
Psychology Essay Writing Guide
As an active and goal-driven psychology student, you must be familiar with specific rituals to perform before writing your psychology essay. If you’ve forgotten or are unaware because the professor overlooked them, the following points are a reminder:
- First, it is important to take your time with the assignment instructions. Essentially, spend a few minutes or hours analyzing the task to understand exactly what the assigned psychology question wants you to do. While virtually all psychology lecturers will offer some advice to kick-start you, psychology students must pay attention to details captured in the psychology task requirements. This goes a long way in planning your answers to the question(s).
- Second, you should identify relevant sources (class text, peer-reviewed articles on the topic, lecturer notes, and authentic websites) and conduct a preliminary reading. Going through credible sources gives you the much-needed general gist of the information to include in the draft and final essay. You do not necessarily have to gain a robust understanding of the studies or theories at this stage. Most importantly, read while taking notes.
- After reading, use these notes to develop a clear and concise draft. Typically, your draft is more of a sketchy response to the essay question. In essence, it can assume many forms, such as a mind map, writing a thesis statement, or a summary table. Your core statement should be a sentence long or two sentences because it encompasses the psychology essay’s entire argument.
- Once done with writing your psychology essay outline, it is now time to engage in in-depth reading, refine the essay plan, and make the points captured more detailed. You will agree that many students often skip this step and write off their psychology papers based on the preliminary reading. We don’t disagree with you on this because some psychology assignments must be turned in on the short notice. And that’s exactly why we are here: to read on your behalf and deliver a top-rated custom psychology essay in time.
It is always tempting for students worldwide to skip these preliminary steps and start the essay writing process using information from outdated digital sources. However, at CustomUniverstiyPapers.net, we urge every psychology student to read and plan because doing so eases the essay writing process while simultaneously saving you time and improving your psychology essay’s quality.
v What Makes A Good Psychology Essay?
Having emphasized the importance of preliminary reading and writing to develop a perfect draft essay, let’s talk about what constitutes an excellent essay in psychology. We’ve identified four major features that make your psychology essay superb and outstanding.
- An Academic Structure – Your psychology research paper or essay should follow the globally accepted academic structure (introduction, main body, and conclusion) unless instructed otherwise by the professor. Structure the paper and its materials in a way that allows ideas to follow a logical sequence. Each sentence and paragraph must follow sensibly from one to the other.
In other words, a properly structured essay flows because all the three parts (the introductory paragraph, main body paragraphs, and summary/conclusion/recommendations) are linked using transition words (conjunctions). A well-crafted paragraph should analyze, criticize, evaluate, describe, or explain one theme. The subject matter in your essay paragraphs must be identified clearly by the topic sentence and developed through evidence-based information.
- Knowledge, Skill, and Understanding – Your psychology essay’s target audience expects you to demonstrate the ability to recognize, remember or recall and show a clear understanding of the theoretical perspectives and empirical evidence that accurately reflect the topic under investigation.
- Critical Evaluation/Analysis – Evaluation involves answering two major questions: “why” and “how.” Therefore, you should be well-positioned to identify and incorporate appropriate sources and evidence to support the psychological theory, concept, and ideas captured in your essay. While independent thinking is essential in academic writing, psychology assignments require you to evaluate insights in available scientific evidence.
- Quality of Writing – Your psychology professor will expect you to write objectively and succinctly. The psychology essay paragraphs must be organized properly. It would help if you used appropriate or context-sensitive grammar. All words should be spelled accordingly, and potentially new terminologies defined correctly. Moreover, you must be keen on the writing style because not all lecturers will instruct their psychology students to follow APA guidelines. Some want to see where you got the information/data in the essay; thus, expect less obvious instructions, such as “write or complete the psychology assignment in line with MLA, Harvard, or Chicago guidelines.
v How to Write a Perfect Psychology Essay
While we have pinpointed specific features or attributes of a good essay, let us explain how you should go about writing a top-quality essay in that psychology class.
Knowledge & Understanding
It would help if you always remembered that a research paper or an essay is a form of an argument or discussion presented on paper. Having noted this, you must never struggle to include ALL THE INFORMATION regarding an assigned topic.
Therefore, demonstrate your knowledge, expertise, and understanding of the psychology topic/issue by doing the following:
Be as concise as possible by clearly articulating the main argument. This means unnecessary words must never burden a sentence in your many paragraphs.
Ensure each paragraph has a clear purpose, objective, or theme. As mentioned, introduce your paragraph’s main point in the first sentence (topic sentence). The main idea is then explained, described, evaluated, or analyzed by making several points. Equally important, you must support these additional points with high-quality evidence. Each point must relate to the principal idea. For example, when the paragraph is about cognitive development, start it with a sentence that explicitly outlines or describes what the theme is all about.
Do not make the mistake of overusing quotations in any of your psychology essays. While using the information obtained from a reliable source increases your essay’s credibility and relevance, excessive quotes are more likely to cost you that A+ grade. Too many quotes may amount to plagiarism. Still, your professor may fail you because the essay lacks a strong sense of originality. Try to use original content (writing from scratch) to demonstrate to your audience that you are knowledgeable and understand the particular psychological issue.
Support your argument with hard evidence. While some psychology essays require your input, it is one of the science subjects that rely a great deal on evidence-based practice. For this reason, cite your information source when you consult a research study or a psychology theory.
Look at the following example, with Maslow (psychologist) as the original author of the idea we’ve borrowed to discuss human needs (main idea/theme).
Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs remains a widely used theory. According to Maslow (1943), individuals worldwide are motivated to achieve specific needs. In essence, once a need is fulfilled, people seek to achieve the next in the hierarchy.
Note: Using scientific evidence to support ideas in a psychology essay allows the writer to sustain their arguments successfully. Any written academic task requires the author not just to present their arguments superficially but maintain authenticity by consulting reliable sources. You should see your topic from other researchers’ perspectives to realize this high-level credibility. This involves the search for recent studies on the topic and extracting their primary findings to show advanced understanding and knowledge of the issue’s dynamics. Commenting on other scholars’ ideas, study results, and viewpoints strengthens an argument and is vital for developing a student as an autonomous thinker capable of sustaining logical writing.
A perfectly written psychology essay must contain elements of critical evaluation. Simply, critically evaluating a point, topic, issue, or source means identifying, outlining, and discussing its strengths and shortcomings.
There are multiple ways to evaluate psychology critically. For example, your psychology lecturer may ask you to compare and contrast research studies or psychological theoretical approaches. Here, you are expected to outline the primary similarities and differences between the selected studies or theories. They could be at least two theories of child development, personality traits and memory.
Notably, you could earn more points by communicating these theories’ and studies’ value or implications in your compare and contrast psychology assignments. Going higher in your critical evaluation would make the psychology essay stand out from the competition.
Other examples of critical evaluation essays involve perspectives and debates in psychology, including holism versus reductionism and nurture versus nature.
The PEC System
At CustomUniversityPapers.com, we believe that the quality of evaluation or information presented in a paragraph precedes quantity. It would help if you prioritized elaborating on your main argument. As a better student, you should not just write evaluation points but expand them using the PEC system.
PEC stands for Point, Explain, and Consequences.
In other words, you should begin your paragraphs by making a clear, concise, and objective point. The second step involves explaining how and why each point is relevant. Finally, discuss whether the main point’s consequences and implications are positive or negative. The PEC system is central to improving your ability to identify and use ideas to sustain a logical written analysis, argument, interpretation, or explanation in any scholarly writing.
For example, the following highlighted red paragraph demonstrates how one of our expert psychology writers incorporated explanation into the assigned task. The professional writer followed the PEC system to produce an informative and relevant explanation. As seen in the first three sentences, she made a point, explained why and how it is important and discussed its consequence. The assignment’s target audience expected her to attract their attention and keep the conversation going. She achieved this by stating what equality and diversity entail and using the facts and examples from the case study to explain why these concepts are increasingly essential in all healthcare settings. The dedicated author showed how the lack of equity and tolerance for diverse opinions could adversely impact professional relationships, with the victim feeling alienated at her new workplace. Thus, the writer’s explanatory skills were handy in demonstrating the relevance and implications of an equitable and diverse organizational culture or lack thereof.
“Equality means treating everyone in health care equally, regardless of their past, way of life, or capacity to do the job. Diversity means accepting different opinions, lives, cultures, and values (Baillie, 2013). In the case study, Salome felt forgotten by her coworkers due to the healthcare company’s lack of equity and diversity. According to the case study, Lynn, the secretary, hated Salome since she was new to healthcare. Individuals and partners in the health industry must support equality and diversity for staff and patients (Salway et al., 2016). Thus, the healthcare system should provide evidence-based pieces of advice and necessary assistance to address biases in the workplace.”
Writing an Introduction
This may sound unconventional, but it has worked for hundreds of our psychology essay clients. We insist it is a good essay writing strategy to write and fine-tune your INTRODUCTION AFTER FINISHING THE MAIN BODY.
You shouldn’t because writing the introduction after completing the main body paragraphs gives a rare opportunity to provide a brief picture of the topic area. Our leading psychology writers always do this, and the results are amazing.
Saul McLeod (2019) recently argued, “Introductions are essential because first impressions can go a long way in creating a halo effect in your psychology professor’s mind!”
However, you must be super careful with the word count because some psychology professors will deduct your marks for producing a lengthy introduction. Therefore, learn to dedicate not more than 10 percent of the total number of words to a carefully-curated introduction.
Your psychology essay introduction should include the following elements:
- Identify and briefly describe the subject matter.
- Define the terminologies or key terms used in the body paragraphs (this may be optional depending on the psychology paper’s complexity).
- Highlight the essay’s principal issues. These could be specific responses to the essay questions. Highlighting the major points goes a long way in announcing to the reader the main themes addressed in the psychology essay.
- Signpost your psychology essay with a thesis statement (an umbrella argument).
- Finally, though optional in short essays, tell the audience how the essay is structured.
Writing an All-Inclusive Conclusion
It is not uncommon for many students in a psychology class to forget to conclude their essays. Some overlook the importance of a conclusion. When psychology students fail to give the final paragraph the attention it deserves, they jeopardize their chances of scoring a straight-A even when the rest of the psychology essay is perfectly written and well-formatted.
Like your introduction, we encourage students to dedicate 10 percent of the essay’s total word count to the conclusion.
By now, you should know that a conclusion plays a central role in summarizing the key arguments captured in your essay. You must never “sit on the fence” while writing your conclusion. Instead, weigh various aspects of the empirical evidence incorporated into the psychology assignment.
The conclusion also allows you to state your recommendation or take away message. This could be a research gap in psychology that future psychologists or researchers should investigate further. Most importantly, it would help if you did not use the conclusion to include new information (not discussed in the psychology essay) except for your take-home message (concluding sentence).
Your psychology essay is not complete without a proper reference section. This entails a list of credible texts (books, websites, and articles) you consulted while writing the essay. Psychology tasks often require you to use the APA style. The sources must be written in alphabetical order.
We are glad that you spent time checking our guide on producing excellent psychology essays for college students. Now that you’ve passed by and gained some insights into our unrivaled custom psychology essay writing services don’t waste much time when pressed with an urgent or fast-approaching psychology task. CustomUniversityPapers.com is here for high school, university, and college psychology students from the US, the UK, and worldwide. With a team of native speaker writers and postgraduate psychology experts, you can trust us if you need a properly structured psychology research paper, case studies, general psychology essays, admission essays, and psychology dissertations. We guarantee quality and custom psychology essay help for everyone.