Rape at McDonald’s: So, what happened to Donna Summers, Louise, and the supposed “copy cop” after the Rape at Mcdonald’s.
Rape at McDonald’s
The film “Rape at McDonald’s” (https://online.fiu.edu/videos?vpvid=64eb1015ac1f4c4d93518f6bb7de90f5) usually draws a lot of antipathy and anger against the manager of the restaurant. My students often ask why she allowed her employee to get abused, especially by her … fiancé! In your discussion group for this chapter, I want you to 1) EXPLAIN the manager’s actions using the information you now know about conformity and obedience. I know that is tough to do, but use some of the social psychology concepts you learned in this chapter to explain her behavior. At the same time, I want you to 2). talk about how she could have and should have handled the situation. 3). Finally, in your comments, make sure to define and highlight the role of informational versus normative social influences as well as the concept of obedience to authority. In your follow-up comment, feel free to agree or disagree with one of your group mates. Did that student do an adequate job of actually explaining the manager?
Rape at McDonald’s: So, what happened to Donna Summers, Louise, and the supposed “copy cop” after the Rape at McDonald’s
NOTE: There are two versions of this rape at Mcdonald’s video – a long version and a short version. You can find both in the videos folder at the bottom of the main blackboard page OR links to both videos on the final slide in the PowerPoint presentation. I only require you to watch the short version. Finally, a movie based on this event called “Compliance” came out in the Fall of 2012. I have yet to see that movie, but if any of you have then, please feel free to draw insights from the film as well.
LINK TO VIDEO
So, what happened to Donna Summers, Louise, and the supposed “copy cop” after the Rape at Mcdonald’s. Here is some follow-up information!
1. Louise Ogborn sued Mcdonald’s for $200 million and was awarded $6.1 million.
2. Donna Jean Summers was fired, pled guilty to wrongful imprisonment, and was given 1-year probation. Of course, there is another unbelievable fact: Donna Jean Summers also sued Mcdonald’s for $50 million, and the jury awarded her $1 million!
3. Walter Nix was arrested and convicted for his part in this crime and other related crimes.
4. David Stewart, a prison guard in Panama City, Florida, detailed in the long video version, was arrested but later acquitted of being the culprit in this crime.
FAQs for Donna Summers McDonald’s
1. Who is Donna Summers McDonald? Donna Summers McDonald is not a widely recognized individual. There may be a mix-up or confusion with the name, as “Donna Summer” was a famous American singer known as the “Queen of Disco.” However, if you are looking for information about a specific person named Donna Summers McDonald, please provide more context for accurate information.
2. Is Donna Summers McDonald associated with McDonald’s restaurant? There is no known association between Donna Summers McDonald and McDonald’s, the fast-food restaurant chain. It’s important to verify the accuracy of any claims or information before drawing conclusions about such associations.
3. Can I find information about Donna Summers McDonald’s achievements online?
4. Is there a Donna Summers McDonald scholarship or foundation? I am unaware of any scholarship or foundation specifically associated with Donna Summers McDonald. If such an entity exists, searching for official sources or reaching out to relevant educational or charitable organizations for accurate information would be advisable.
5. How can I contact Donna Summers McDonald? If you are trying to contact someone named Donna Summers McDonald, you might need to have more specific information, such as their profession, location, or any affiliations they might have. Without additional context, it can be challenging to provide accurate contact information.
6. Are there any books or articles written by Donna Summers McDonald? I am unaware of any books or articles authored by Donna Summers McDonald. If she is an author, it’s recommended to search online bookstores, libraries, or academic databases for information about her publications.
7. Can you provide information about Donna Summers McDonald’s background? Providing details about Donna Summers McDonald’s background is challenging without more context or specific information.
8. Is Donna Summers McDonald a public figure? Based on the information available, Donna Summers McDonald does not appear to be a widely recognized public figure.