The nursing process is a tool that puts knowledge into practice. By utilizing this systematic problem-solving method, nurses can determine the health care needs of an individual and provide personalized….
- Review and do further research on the leadership styles covered in Unit 4, Lesson 3 – Lewin’s Leadership Styles. Provide a brief description for each of the three leadership styles: autocratic, participative, and laissez-faire. Include in your descriptions a specific example of when you have seen each of these types of leadership styles demonstrated (at work, at school, at church, etc.) (3 paragraphs minimum)
- ***RESULTS AT BOTTOM***Select the What’s Your Leadership Style? link to learn more about your leadership style. Based on your results, discuss the leadership style you currently lean towards and explain why. Be sure to provide full analysis and examples of behaviors on the job which make you believe that you exhibit this particular leadership style. (2 paragraphs minimum)
- Describe the strengths and weaknesses of your leadership style. (2 paragraphs minimum)
- Explain and provide an example of how your leadership style might impact various employees and situations at work in a positive way. (1 paragraph minimum)
- Explain and provide an example of how your leadership style could potentially cause problems in your current work situation. (1 paragraph minimum)
- Which leadership style do you think is BEST and why? (1 paragraph minimum)
Your report should be a MINIMUM of 10 paragraphs and 850 words, double-spaced, and be free from errors in grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
You got: Democratic Leadership
Democratic leaders, also known as participative leaders, accept input from one or more group members when making decisions and solving problems, but the leader retains the final say when choices are made. Group members tend to be encouraged and motivated by this style of leadership.
This style of leadership often leads to more effective and accurate decisions, since no leader can be an expert in all areas. Input from group members with specialized knowledge and expertise creates a more complete basis for decision-making.
Remember, good leaders utilize all three styles depending upon the situation. For example: